Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mini Butterfly Dress Altered Canvas



This latest project is an 8 x 10 altered canvas featuring a little dress made from wedding dress scraps.  The fabric was hand painted green then I added the scrollwork, roses and butterflies.

The dress is similar to the mini skull dress on my earlier post, but larger and the skirt is fuller.

I painted the canvas first with the stripes, rose hedge and scrollwork.

I gave this canvas to my mother as a present.  We all went to Borsari's Gallery and Tearoom and had a lovely lunch and dessert.

Check out their website.  They have a gorgeous portfolio of weddings and other events that they have hosted.  To see some of their recent weddings go to www.borsarigallerycapecod.com/Weddings/tabid/83

My mother proudly showed her gift off to everyone in the tearoom.  Got lots of compliments on it.  The framed canvas is offered as a custom order on my Etsy shop.

Upcoming post will be of preliminary sketches of the steampunk assemblage I will be working on.  It will feature a steampunk Victorian costume on a mini dress form, a steampunked steamtrunk (that will be the title), a peacock, butterflies, hot air balloons and a couple of cheetahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment