Saturday, March 23, 2013

Art journals

I spent the morning taking pictures of my studio and my latest work.  Here's a shot of some of my art journals and altered books.  Also components of a butterfly garland I have hanging above my desk.



The bunny, monarch and tag painted with a chipping sparrow will be part of an altered book project--a field/nature journal.

I am working on a lot of altered tags and am planning some assemblages.  I will be posting photos and sketches of planned work.

My main inspiration right now is bugatha1@deviantart.com.   Check out her assemblages.  Probably the best artist in this genre currently.

My latest ambitious project is a huge "mermaid mobile"  which will include a model shipwreck, and actual ships wheel and mermaids, sea life, and found objects swirling around underneath.

Also have to work and my avatar Crow Fairy.  She'll be at the top of this blog when completed.

Here is a closeup of the butterfly bunting completed. So easy to make.  I painted each of the butterflies but you can use printable ones instead obviously.  I just like making my own whenever possible.  Will have tutorials in future.



In the background are some illustrations from an old worn out copy of The Vicar of Wakefield that will be used in some altered book projects.

Stay tuned for more projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment